Charcoal Home page
Rockwood - 3 bags, 20# each w/ FREE SHIPPING!
Regular price $84.99
- 100% Missouri Hardwood - Mostly oak & hickory, and occasionally some maple, pecan, and/or cherry
- Kilned to 80-85% carbon on average, producing a very neutral smoke, high BTU/#, and low ash. It is extremely responsive to oxygen changes.
- #1 consumer ranked lump charcoal on "The Naked Whiz" Hardwood Charcoal Database for 4+ years
- Martha Stewart's "Test Kitchen Pick" for charcoal - July 2017
- Made from renewable and recycled resources--not a single tree is harvested to make Rockwood, it's only the slabs too knotty or warped to be made into lumber
- Our bag is 100% natural kraft paper with soy based ink. It can be safely recyclable, composted, or burned to help light the charcoal.
- Orders in multiples of 3 will receive free shipping!
- For orders of 10 bags or more, please contact us directly or make multiple orders
- PLEASE understand that Rockwood is all natural, and due of the high carbon content, very brittle. It varies somewhat from bag to bag, thus the size of the chunks can never be guaranteed. Just like a bag of potato chips, charcoal breaks down with agitation, so every bump in the road and rough handler between our facility and your home is not helping.
- Also, rocks and other objects that have impacted trees during its life, are still inside the charcoal chunks--they are only revealed when the charcoal breaks or burns away. Others just sneak by the bagger because a char-dust covered rock looks just like a chunk of charcoal. To make you whole, every bag of Rockwood has an extra 0.5 lbs in it. In the long run, everyone should come out ahead.
- California Prop 65 Notice - WARNING: This product can expose you to carbon monoxide, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov